Bomb threat at Surrey school
Sep 17, 2013 / 2:14 pm
An anonymous bomb threat forced the evacuation of a Surrey high school Tuesday morning.
No details about the threat or who received it have been released, but the district confirmed Semiahmoo Secondary School students were safely let out of class at around 11 a.m.
Mounties were called to the school and began sweeping the grounds before noon, but there have been no reports of weapons being discovered.
“At this point we want to make sure the property and building are safe so life can get back to normal,” Cpl. Bert Paquet told CTV News.
Students have been dismissed for the rest of the day.
Read more BC News
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
(Click for RSS instructions.)