Teen stabbed in the neck
Sep 17, 2013 / 12:01 pm
A 17-year-old boy is in serious condition after being stabbed in the neck at a Vancouver schoolyard.
Police responded to reports of a fight and found the wounded teen, who was rushed to hospital, where he had surgery on Tuesday morning.
A 23-year-old man has been arrested, and the Vancouver Police Department says it will be requesting charges of attempted murder.
Investigators believe about 20 people were present when the stabbing occurred at about 11:30 p.m. on Monday, but many of them left before police could speak with them.
Police are asking anyone who saw what happened to contact them.
Read more BC News
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
- Whistler sled dogs still need homes
- December CounterAttack roadchecks on
- Mounties make arrest in deadly collision
(Click for RSS instructions.)