Kamloops drug house raid
Sep 7, 2013 / 6:30 pm
6:30 p.m. update:
Seymour St. drug house raid results.
Seven adults, 4 men and 3 women were in the apartment at the time. Six people were detained and questioned by police at the scene prior to their release.
An adult female associated to the apartment was arrested and returned to the RCMP office. A distraction device was deployed by the Emergency Response Team upon entering the apartment.
Smoke from the device set off smoke detectors in the area but there was no fire.
There were no injuries incurred during the operation.
8 a.m. Sept. 7 original story: At around 8:20 Friday evening, members of the Kamloops RCMP Special Projects Unit and the Southeast District Emergency Response Team executed a search warrant for firearms in an upstairs apartment at 352 Seymour St. in Kamloops.
The location is known by police to be an active drug house and a distraction device was deployed by the Emergency Response Team upon entering the apartment.
Four men and three women were in the apartment at the time and six people were detained and questioned by police at the scene prior to their release.
An adult female associated to the apartment was arrested and taken to the RCMP office.
At the time of this release, the search of the premise was still under way by members of the Kamloops Special Projects Unit.
Read more BC News
- Body of missing senior found
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
(Click for RSS instructions.)