Kamloops drug house raid
Sep 7, 2013 / 6:30 pm
6:30 p.m. update:
Seymour St. drug house raid results.
Seven adults, 4 men and 3 women were in the apartment at the time. Six people were detained and questioned by police at the scene prior to their release.
An adult female associated to the apartment was arrested and returned to the RCMP office. A distraction device was deployed by the Emergency Response Team upon entering the apartment.
Smoke from the device set off smoke detectors in the area but there was no fire.
There were no injuries incurred during the operation.
8 a.m. Sept. 7 original story: At around 8:20 Friday evening, members of the Kamloops RCMP Special Projects Unit and the Southeast District Emergency Response Team executed a search warrant for firearms in an upstairs apartment at 352 Seymour St. in Kamloops.
The location is known by police to be an active drug house and a distraction device was deployed by the Emergency Response Team upon entering the apartment.
Four men and three women were in the apartment at the time and six people were detained and questioned by police at the scene prior to their release.
An adult female associated to the apartment was arrested and taken to the RCMP office.
At the time of this release, the search of the premise was still under way by members of the Kamloops Special Projects Unit.
Read more BC News
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)