Revelstoke to Golden now clear
Sep 6, 2013 / 12:23 am
12:23 a.m. update: Highway 1 Both directions
Vehicle Incident from Revelstoke to Golden is now clear. The road is fully reopened in both directions. Drivers are encouraged to drive with caution.
10:00 p.m. update: Highway 1 is now open to single lane alternating traffic, 5 km east of Rogers Pass Summit in Glacier National Park.
Drivers should anticipate high traffic volumes and delays of up to 30 minutes at the incident site.
Emergency personnel continue to work at the site. Anticipated time of full opening is 12 midnight.
Drivers are encouraged to drive with caution and reduce speed near the incident site.
Highway 1 is closed 5 km east of Rogers Pass Summit in Glacier National Park due to a motor vehicle incident.
Emergency response personnel are on site.
Traffic is currently being held in both Revelstoke and Golden while RCMP officials conduct their investigation.
No local detour is available. Estimated time of opening is between 10 pm and 12 midnight PDT.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)