Revelstoke to Golden now clear
Sep 6, 2013 / 12:23 am
12:23 a.m. update: Highway 1 Both directions
Vehicle Incident from Revelstoke to Golden is now clear. The road is fully reopened in both directions. Drivers are encouraged to drive with caution.
10:00 p.m. update: Highway 1 is now open to single lane alternating traffic, 5 km east of Rogers Pass Summit in Glacier National Park.
Drivers should anticipate high traffic volumes and delays of up to 30 minutes at the incident site.
Emergency personnel continue to work at the site. Anticipated time of full opening is 12 midnight.
Drivers are encouraged to drive with caution and reduce speed near the incident site.
Highway 1 is closed 5 km east of Rogers Pass Summit in Glacier National Park due to a motor vehicle incident.
Emergency response personnel are on site.
Traffic is currently being held in both Revelstoke and Golden while RCMP officials conduct their investigation.
No local detour is available. Estimated time of opening is between 10 pm and 12 midnight PDT.
Read more BC News
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
(Click for RSS instructions.)