Couple on the move get ripped-off
Sep 3, 2013 / 8:27 pm
Mounties say a truck full of a couple's personal possessions, including a rifle and chainsaw, was stolen Monday night while they were staying at the Sheraton Hotel in Langford, BC.
West Shore RCMP say the man and his girlfriend were moving to Victoria from Haida Gwaii.
Police say the stolen items include a Winchester Calibre bolt-action rifle, a road bike, a chainsaw, a violin, two computer tablets, the couple's suitcases and their passports.
The approximate value of the items is upwards of $15,000.
Cpl. Kathy Rochlitz says getting the firearm back is a major concern.
Rochlitz says the police also really want to help the couple get back on their feet.
Read more BC News
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
(Click for RSS instructions.)