New West police receive disturbing call
Sep 2, 2013 / 1:01 pm
Police in New Westminster, BC, say they received a disturbing phone call yesterday morning from a man claiming he wanted to kidnap his neighbour.
Sgt. Diana McDaniel says the suspect called the non-emergency telephone number, but police were unable to trace the call.
The department is asking for help in identifying the man, as it cannot rule out that his threats weren't real.
McDaniel says the man is 29-years-old and wants to be called "Fleece Johnson."
His potential victim is a 26-year-old woman who lives five houses down on Columbia St. in New Westminster.
Police say the man claimed to have known the woman for five years, after meeting at a nearby pub.
Read more BC News
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
- Whistler sled dogs still need homes
- December CounterAttack roadchecks on
- Mounties make arrest in deadly collision
- Coquitlam crash kills two
- Liberals now forecasting $165M surplus
(Click for RSS instructions.)