Arrested on a bus with kilos of drugs
Aug 28, 2013 / 7:14 pm
During the early morning hours of Saturday August 24, members of the RCMP Southeast District Traffic Services acted upon information that a man was boarding a bus leaving Kamloops destined for Vancouver and that he was possibly carrying drugs.
The person was located after having boarded the bus and arrested . A search of the luggage on the bus revealed 3 kg of cocaine and 2 kg of heroin.
"We know the safety of our roads is impacted by the drugs that move through our community along the highways" says Cpl Dan Moskaluk SED MRO. "Preventing this significant amount of cocaine and heroin from reaching the public is a tremendous success for BC and the RCMP Traffic Services."
A 45 year old man from Campbell River was arrested and charges are being pursued.
Read more BC News
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
(Click for RSS instructions.)