Coquihalla traffic moving again
Aug 25, 2013 / 1:01 pm
Update, 3:15 p.m.: Traffic now cleared and flowing freely in both directions.
Update, 1:45 p.m.: The highway has a single lane now open, but expect delays of a half hour or more.
Travellers headed towards Merritt and points south, should be advised that an accident on the Coquihalla Connector - Highway 5 - has temporarily closed southbound traffic.
The accident occurred near exit 231, about 54 kilometres south of Highway 97 on the connector, near an area known as the Mine Creek Road. No detour is possible, so traffic must remain fixed until such time as the blockage is cleared.
There is no estimate of time involved.
The next update will be at approximately 2 p.m.
Read more BC News
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
(Click for RSS instructions.)