Two men stabbed in Surrey, one dead
Aug 17, 2013 / 1:26 pm
On Friday August 16, 2013 at approximately 1 am, Surrey RCMP were called to a report of a fight occurring near the intersection of 154 Street at 100 Avenue in Surrey. Police located two males suffering from stab wounds. Sadly, one of the males succumbed to his injuries a short time later in hospital.
The victim of the stabbing has been identified as 22-year-old, Kyle Yellowbird of Vancouver. A person of interest was identified and the suspect vehicle was seized by police for examination. There have been no arrests and police continue to seek witnesses in the fatal stabbing of Yellowbird and the stabbing of his friend on Friday.
The second male aged 17 years is in serious, but stable condition.
"The investigation is progressing and all information continues to point to this being a spontaneous event that resulted in two people being seriously injured, one fatally." said Sergeant Adam MacIntosh.
As the investigation continues, any information about the circumstances surrounding the altercation remain a part of a criminal investigation and in order to protect the integrity of the investigation no further details will be provided.
"Investigators are in the process of trying to determine the roles everyone played in this altercation,” said Sergeant MacIntosh.
Read more BC News
- Body of missing senior found
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
(Click for RSS instructions.)