Double stabbing in Kamloops
Aug 17, 2013 / 10:22 am
Update, 3:30 p.m.: Both people have now been released from hospital with non life-threatening stab wounds according to Kamloops RCMP.
"It looked more serious at the onset," said Sgt. Edward Preto of Kamloops RCMP detachment.
Two people - a man and a woman - are lucky to be alive after a double stabbing incident early Saturday morning in Kamloops.
At approximately 5 am, Kamloops RCMP and BC Ambulance Service responded to a complaint of two persons injured in a stabbing at the 400 block of Columbia St., Kamloops.
An adult male and adult female were taken to Royal Inland Hospital for treatment of their injuries.
Kamloops RCMP Serious Crime Unit has taken charge of this investigation.
RCMP in Kamloops are stressing, however, that this wasn’t a random attack, and that the public doesn’t need to be concerned for their safety.
The investigation is ongoing according to Sgt Edward Preto of Kamloops RCMP
Read more BC News
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
(Click for RSS instructions.)