Double stabbing in Kamloops
Aug 17, 2013 / 10:22 am
Update, 3:30 p.m.: Both people have now been released from hospital with non life-threatening stab wounds according to Kamloops RCMP.
"It looked more serious at the onset," said Sgt. Edward Preto of Kamloops RCMP detachment.
Two people - a man and a woman - are lucky to be alive after a double stabbing incident early Saturday morning in Kamloops.
At approximately 5 am, Kamloops RCMP and BC Ambulance Service responded to a complaint of two persons injured in a stabbing at the 400 block of Columbia St., Kamloops.
An adult male and adult female were taken to Royal Inland Hospital for treatment of their injuries.
Kamloops RCMP Serious Crime Unit has taken charge of this investigation.
RCMP in Kamloops are stressing, however, that this wasn’t a random attack, and that the public doesn’t need to be concerned for their safety.
The investigation is ongoing according to Sgt Edward Preto of Kamloops RCMP
Read more BC News
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
(Click for RSS instructions.)