Fatal hit and run in Surrey
Aug 17, 2013 / 9:00 am
11:45 am update: With the assistance of persons at the scene, the suspect driver was located and arrested without incident and his vehicle seized. Currently in custody is a 32 year old male from the Lower Mainland. No charges have been laid at this time.
"We want to thank those people who have already come forward and assisted in identifying the driver, leading to his quick arrest. We know there were a lot of other people who saw what happened and we want to encourage these people to come forward with their information." says Sergeant Adam MacIntosh of IHIT.
Police in BC are currently on the alert for a hit and run driver involved in a fatal collision with a pedestrian early Saturday morning.
At approx 12:30 am Saturday, Surrey RC.P received a 911 call advising that a pedestrian had been struck in the area of 10600 block of 135A St., Surrey, and that the suspect vehicle had driven off without stopping.
Surrey RCMP general duty officers, as well as traffic unit members attended to the scene, along with B,C. Ambulance and Surrey Fire Department.
The male victim was transported to hospital from the scene via ambulance, where he died from his injuries.
Surrey RCMP are seeking the public’s assistance, and asking anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or have knowledge of the suspect vehicle believed to be a dark coloured full-size pickup, or anyone who may have knowledge of the driver, to contact them at 604-599-0502 or to call Crime Stoppers.
Read more BC News
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
(Click for RSS instructions.)