'Webinars' offer sales tax information
Aug 17, 2013 / 7:55 am
Businesses that want to learn more about the provincial sales tax can join an interactive webinar offered by the provincial government in August, Minister of State for Tourism and Small Business Naomi Yamamoto announced Friday.
Space is limited, so businesses that want to participate in the webinar on Aug. 21, must sign up online by Monday, Aug. 19.
The interactive webinars provide information on transitioning to the PST. The topics include general PST application, registration and the new online services option, eTaxBC. Registration and information is available: here
Webinars are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2013, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Government is reaching out to businesses throughout B.C. to ensure they have the support they need to make a smooth transition back to the PST, which came into effect on April 1, 2013. Additional PST tools and services available to help businesses include:
If you operate a business in B.C., you can sign up for a ministry PST Specialist to review your accounting and reporting systems to ensure your systems are properly set up to comply with the provincial sales tax laws: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
Businesses with questions about the PST can call our toll-free help line - 1 877 388-4440 or email questions to: [email protected]
Businesses that sell or lease taxable goods, or sell software or taxable services in B.C. must register to obtain a new PST number, even if they have an old PST number.
- Businesses can register three ways: Online - go to: www.gov.bc.ca/etaxbc/register
- In person - go to the nearest Service BC Centre. See locations at: www.servicebc.gov.bc.ca/ - or visit our office at 1802 Douglas St. in Victoria.
- By mail or fax - complete the Application for Registration for Provincial Sales Tax (FIN 418) found at: www.gov.bc.ca/pst (Go to Forms).
A new PST number will be assigned once the business registration application is processed.
Read more BC News
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
(Click for RSS instructions.)