David Suzuki endorses Murray
Feb 24, 2013 / 10:23 am
In an open letter to Canadians, award-winning scientist, environmentalist and broadcaster, David Suzuki declared his support for Joyce Murray, Member of Parliament for Vancouver Quadra and Liberal Leadership candidate and the platform she is presenting to Canadians.
Suzuki says it is precisely because of the elements in MP Murray's platform that he supports her candidacy.
"I am heartened by the platform laid out by Joyce Murray. Sustainability is one of the key concepts underlying her policy proposals from food to climate," said Suzuki pointing out that Murray calls for progressive elements to work together and is boldly pressing for electoral reform. "For me, Joyce Murray presents a platform that I am going to support. If you agree, I hope you will give her your support too."
In his open letter, Suzuki urges all Canadians to take part in the process.
"I was delighted to see that the federal Liberal party allows any Canadian to participate in the choice of its leader," said Suzuki, "I urge everyone who is concerned about democracy, the environment and social justice to take part in this selection process and thereby register support for specific policies and visions for this country."
MP Murray added: "I am very pleased to have David's supports, and to know that he agrees with me that the combination of cooperation and electoral reform plus the creation of a Sustainable Society will lead to a modern, democratic and prosperous Canada. His public support means that so many more Canadians will also hear this message and be encouraged to participate in this important democratic exercise."
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)