Dynamite found in Burnaby
Feb 18, 2013 / 10:55 pm
Residents of a high-rise apartment building in Burnaby, B.C. remain evacuated after what appears to be dynamite was found in one of the units.
Residents of the 39-storey building (in the 4200 block of Grange St.) were told to leave late Monday as police were conducting a search for drugs.
The RCMP said they found about 10 sticks of dynamite during a search that also uncovered drugs and firearms in an 11th floor apartment.
Police have reportedly removed the dynamite and were burning it in a city park.
Some residents have gone to a local community centre to wait out the police operation. (CKNW)
Read more BC News
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
(Click for RSS instructions.)