Teenage girl stabbed to death on reserve
Feb 16, 2013 / 2:16 pm
A 16-year-old girl has been stabbed to death and another teen is in critical condition after an incident at the Tsawwassen (ta-WA-sun) First Nations Reserve south of Vancouver.
Const. Ciaran (KEE-run) Feenan of the Delta Police Department says both victims were suffering from stab wounds when investigators arrived at the scene.
He says the 16-year-old girl was pronounced dead at the hospital and that the other victim being treated there is a 15-year-old female.
Feenan says police are looking for a known suspect.
Police believe the teens and the suspect knew each other and that the public is not at risk.
No names have been released.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)