Teenage girl stabbed to death on reserve
Feb 16, 2013 / 2:16 pm
A 16-year-old girl has been stabbed to death and another teen is in critical condition after an incident at the Tsawwassen (ta-WA-sun) First Nations Reserve south of Vancouver.
Const. Ciaran (KEE-run) Feenan of the Delta Police Department says both victims were suffering from stab wounds when investigators arrived at the scene.
He says the 16-year-old girl was pronounced dead at the hospital and that the other victim being treated there is a 15-year-old female.
Feenan says police are looking for a known suspect.
Police believe the teens and the suspect knew each other and that the public is not at risk.
No names have been released.
Read more BC News
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
(Click for RSS instructions.)