Video released of missing woman
Feb 14, 2013 / 9:06 pm
Police in Los Angeles have released a video and photo of a Canadian woman who was last seen in a local hotel at the end of January and then disappeared.
Investigators say they don't know why 21-year-old Elisa Lam of Vancouver was in southern California but note she had planned to travel up the coast to Santa Cruz as her final destination.
The updated photo accompanies the release of a video that shows Lam pushing buttons in an elevator, looking repeatedly out its open door and even venturing into a hallway.
Police say they hope somebody will recognizes Lam and then contact them with information on her whereabouts.
Detectives have said previously the disappearance may have been the result of foul play, and Lam had been in touch with her family daily until she disappeared.
Lam is of Chinese descent, and speaks fluent English and Cantonese, is five-foot-four and weighs about 115 pounds.
Read more BC News
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
- Cop involved in Surrey Six resigns
(Click for RSS instructions.)