RCMP shoot at man with rifle
Feb 13, 2013 / 9:19 pm
The RCMP say one of their officers fired a shot after man approached the Mountie armed with a rifle near Valemount, B.C.
Police say no one was hurt and the man was wrestled to the ground and arrested.
They say the incident began Tuesday when an officer pulled over a vehicle on Highway 16 north of Valemount.
The driver stepped out of the vehicle, pulled out a rifle and approached the police officer.
That's when police fired a single shot before the man was arrested.
Const. Lesley Smith says the RCMP are investigating the incident and while the Independent Investigations Office has been told what happened, it won't be getting involved.
Read more BC News
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
(Click for RSS instructions.)