SKorean arrested for bus sex assault
Feb 13, 2013 / 8:58 pm
A 49-year-old man has been deported to South Korea after being arrested on a Vancouver bus for sexual assault.
Transit Police say it turned out the man had been in Canada illegally since 1995 and was wanted in Korea for financial crimes.
They say Seung Woo Min was arrested Feb. 4 after a commuter saw a man inappropriately touching a women on the bus.
When he was evasive about identifying himself, agents of the Canada Border Services Agency were called in.
The agents eventually determined Min was from South Korea, where he was wanted for fraud and embezzlement totalling close to $200,000.
Min has since been deported to South Korea where he will be dealt with by local authorities.
Read more BC News
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
(Click for RSS instructions.)