SKorean arrested for bus sex assault
Feb 13, 2013 / 8:58 pm
A 49-year-old man has been deported to South Korea after being arrested on a Vancouver bus for sexual assault.
Transit Police say it turned out the man had been in Canada illegally since 1995 and was wanted in Korea for financial crimes.
They say Seung Woo Min was arrested Feb. 4 after a commuter saw a man inappropriately touching a women on the bus.
When he was evasive about identifying himself, agents of the Canada Border Services Agency were called in.
The agents eventually determined Min was from South Korea, where he was wanted for fraud and embezzlement totalling close to $200,000.
Min has since been deported to South Korea where he will be dealt with by local authorities.
Read more BC News
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
(Click for RSS instructions.)