Former top cop in court on drug charges
Feb 12, 2013 / 9:21 am
The former commander of the RCMP detachment in Merritt, BC, appears in provincial court in Kelowna today, charged with the theft of drugs from a police evidence locker.
Online court lists show a guilty plea could be entered during the morning appearance of former staff sgt. Stuart Seib.
He was suspended as head of the Merritt detachment in January 2012, when charges of theft under $5,000 and breach of trust were laid.
At the time, investigators said cocaine had been taken from a police evidence locker.
Seib, an 18-year veteran of the force, was transfered to Merritt in November 2011, after being stationed in Clearwater for seven years.
He resigned from the RCMP last year and won't face internal discipline. (CHNL)
Read more BC News
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
(Click for RSS instructions.)