Police find over $50,000 at road check
Feb 12, 2013 / 8:12 am
A traffic stop in Clearwater last week has netted police over $50,000 and a small quantity of drugs.
Two women in their mid-20’s were stopped just before 4 p.m. on Feb. 5, by a multi-agency road check, and officers quickly noticed an odor of marijuana.
A police service dog was deployed and the two women were arrested and their Jeep Compass SUV was searched. Officers found a total of $53,540.00 in Canadian currency, nine grams of marijuana, 180 doses of Turinabol steroids, and 60 doses of Anavar steroids
Police learned the women were coming from Edmonton and returning home to the Cobble Hill area of Vancouver Island. They were both released on a promise to appear in court on May 2, in Kamloops.
Read more BC News
- Get hooked (for free) this Father's Day
- Police investigate Surrey shooting
- Hotel staff find dead body
- A cherry of a deal with China
- Cyclist killed near Kamloops
- SUV crashes off Mayne Island
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
(Click for RSS instructions.)