East Vancouver fight turns fatal
Feb 9, 2013 / 7:00 pm
The Vancouver police say they're investigating their second homicide of the year after a fight in the city's east side turned fatal.
Police were called to Commercial Drive mid-morning on Saturday after a fight involving two men, one of whom suffered serious injuries.
A news release says the man was rushed to hospital, but he later died.
A 27-year-old man was taken into custody Saturday afternoon, though police say no charges had been laid.
Police have said very little about the nature of the man's injuries or how precisely he is believed to have died.
The dead man's name hasn't been released.
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)