Geoff Meisner's brother found dead
Feb 6, 2013 / 6:00 am
The brother of a West Kelowna man declared legally dead nearly three years ago, has himself, been found dead.
Andrew John Meisner, 33, was found dead in his home in Nelson on Friday.
The BC Coroners Service confirmed Meisner's identity.
The coroners office says Andrew Meisner was discovered by friends who had checked on him after being unable to reach him for several hours.
He was found deceased inside the home. It is believed he died the previous day.
The coroners office has ruled out foul play.
According to a story published in the Nelson Star police in Nelson suspected a drug lab was present in the home.
Quoting police, the report went on to say the lab appeared to have been producing prescription or restricted drugs.
Andrew Meisner's older brother Geoff went missing on November 27, 2009.
He was also 33 at the time of his disappearance.
The elder Meisner was last seen when his wife dropped him off at Orchard Park.
Meisner's truck was located behind the Starbuck's on Leathead Rd. at 8:30 p.m. that evening.
In filing an affidavit asking the courts to declare Geoff Meisner legally dead, Tammy Meisner, Geoff's wife, admitted to having limited knowledge of her husband's involvement with the Hells Angels and King Pin Crew.
Read more BC News
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
(Click for RSS instructions.)