Accused stabber 'nice, charming guy'
Feb 2, 2013 / 9:54 pm
A man facing a dozen charges following a stabbing rampage at a Vancouver apartment building was a "nice, charming guy," says a former co-worker.
Jerome Bonneric faces four counts of aggravated assault, four counts of assault with a weapon, three counts of common assault and one count of assaulting a police officer after a man randomly attacked residents in the hallways of the building on Thursday night.
Olivier Audibert, who worked with Bonneric at a bakery, says the 33-year-old did a very good job and was liked by customers, who have been calling the shop to express shock.
Eight people were injured, six taken to hospital and one person was in critical condition following the incident.
Bonneric is scheduled to make a court appearance on Monday morning.
Police say their investigation will look at whether mental health, drugs or alcohol played a role in the attacks. (CKWX-The Canadian Press)
Read more BC News
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)