Accused stabber 'nice, charming guy'
Feb 2, 2013 / 9:54 pm
A man facing a dozen charges following a stabbing rampage at a Vancouver apartment building was a "nice, charming guy," says a former co-worker.
Jerome Bonneric faces four counts of aggravated assault, four counts of assault with a weapon, three counts of common assault and one count of assaulting a police officer after a man randomly attacked residents in the hallways of the building on Thursday night.
Olivier Audibert, who worked with Bonneric at a bakery, says the 33-year-old did a very good job and was liked by customers, who have been calling the shop to express shock.
Eight people were injured, six taken to hospital and one person was in critical condition following the incident.
Bonneric is scheduled to make a court appearance on Monday morning.
Police say their investigation will look at whether mental health, drugs or alcohol played a role in the attacks. (CKWX-The Canadian Press)
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)