Speeder nabbed with ill gotten booty
Feb 1, 2013 / 11:30 am
A Surrey man learned the hard way it isn't wise to step on the gas with a suitcase full of cash.
The unidentified 35-year-old was pulled over for speeding Tuesday afternoon in Darfield on Highway 5, a small community between Clearwater and Barriere about 75km north of Kamloops.
While dealing with the driver the officer noted several indicators that caused him to enter into an investigation under the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act.
The driver was detained and a police service dog was deployed. Further evidence obtained led to the arrest of the driver.
A subsequent search of the vehicle turned up a suitcase in the trunk containing more than $61,000 in cash.
The man is scheduled to appear in a Kamloops court April 11 on charges of Possession of Property obtained by Crime.
Read more BC News
- Driver, 11, flips jeep killing 12-year-old
- Air force helps rescue hiker
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
(Click for RSS instructions.)