Police-involved shooting in Burnaby
Jan 31, 2013 / 6:56 am
A man is in hospital after a police-involved shooting in Burnaby.
The incident occurred just after 1 a.m. on busy Hastings Street just east of the boundary with Vancouver.
Neighbours report hearing two or three shots after police were confronted by a man with a knife.
The Independent Investigations Office, which probes police incidents involving death or serious harm, has sent members to the scene.
There's no word what may have prompted the altercation.
The man's condition has not been released, but further details are expected later. (CKNW, News1130)
Read more BC News
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
(Click for RSS instructions.)