Remains found in Richmond marsh
Jan 26, 2013 / 7:33 pm
Richmond RCMP is currently on scene at a grassy marsh area after human remains were found earlier today.
Around 10 a.m. Richmond RCMP received a report that human remains had been located in a grassy marsh area. A work crew surveying the area located the remains and immediately called police.
With the assistance of the Coast Guard, investigators made their way to the area. The remains are skeletal in nature which leads investigators to believe they have been there for some time. The immediate area has been secured and a Coroner is on scene. It is not known how long the scene will be held.
No further information is available at this time. Updates will be provided when they become available.
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)