Surrey man smashes RCMP cruisers
Jan 20, 2013 / 12:31 pm
A 31 year old Surrey man is in police custody after he allegedly drove two stolen cars into two different police vehicles.
The incident started just before midnight on Saturday January 19, 2013 when members of the Ridge Meadows RCMP located a stolen van on Eagle Avenue.
An officer in an unmarked police car followed the stolen vehicle onto Cherrywood Drive, when without warning the suspect reversed the van into the police vehicle.
The suspect then drove towards the end of the cul-de-sac where he abandoned this vehicle and drove off in a second vehicle that was also stolen.
As he was trying to drive off, the suspect crashed the second stolen vehicle into a second police vehicle. This resulted in the stolen van to flip onto its side and the suspect was taken into custody.
Read more BC News
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
(Click for RSS instructions.)