Whistler snowboarder dies in fall
Jan 18, 2013 / 12:41 pm
A 24-year-old snowboarder visiting B.C. from Australia has died on Whistler Mountain.
RCMP say the man fell in a steep, treed area on Thursday and suffered a head injury.
Staff Sgt. Steve LeClair says it appears the man and a woman he was with found themselves in steeper terrain that they were able to handle and he fell while trying to walk down the slope.
The young man was transferred to a hospital in Vancouver, but died Thursday night.
On Jan. 7, a 43-year-old American man also died while skiing in very steep terrain on the mountain.
LeClair says such tragedies are a reminder that hazards exist within and outside the ski area boundary.
Read more BC News
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
(Click for RSS instructions.)