Whistler snowboarder dies in fall
Jan 18, 2013 / 12:41 pm
A 24-year-old snowboarder visiting B.C. from Australia has died on Whistler Mountain.
RCMP say the man fell in a steep, treed area on Thursday and suffered a head injury.
Staff Sgt. Steve LeClair says it appears the man and a woman he was with found themselves in steeper terrain that they were able to handle and he fell while trying to walk down the slope.
The young man was transferred to a hospital in Vancouver, but died Thursday night.
On Jan. 7, a 43-year-old American man also died while skiing in very steep terrain on the mountain.
LeClair says such tragedies are a reminder that hazards exist within and outside the ski area boundary.
Read more BC News
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
(Click for RSS instructions.)