Hope shooting a murder suicide
Jan 15, 2013 / 11:15 am
Homicide investigators say a double shooting in Hope was a murder suicide.
Sgt. Jennifer Pound says officers have completed the crime scene examination at a rural property in the eastern Fraser Valley community, about 150 kilometres east of Vancouver.
She says police initially believed the incident early Sunday morning was a double homicide but have now determined that one man shot the other, before turning the gun on himself.
The men have been identified as 26-year-old Alex Lamb and 29-year-old Taylor Insley.
Pound says the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team determined this was not a random attack but a targeted shooting between two men who knew each other.
She did not release their hometowns or say which of the two men was the murder victim, but notes the incident remains under investigation and officers continue to probe the motive for the shooting.
Read more BC News
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
- Police rescue children locked inside cars
(Click for RSS instructions.)