Hope shooting a murder suicide
Jan 15, 2013 / 11:15 am
Homicide investigators say a double shooting in Hope was a murder suicide.
Sgt. Jennifer Pound says officers have completed the crime scene examination at a rural property in the eastern Fraser Valley community, about 150 kilometres east of Vancouver.
She says police initially believed the incident early Sunday morning was a double homicide but have now determined that one man shot the other, before turning the gun on himself.
The men have been identified as 26-year-old Alex Lamb and 29-year-old Taylor Insley.
Pound says the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team determined this was not a random attack but a targeted shooting between two men who knew each other.
She did not release their hometowns or say which of the two men was the murder victim, but notes the incident remains under investigation and officers continue to probe the motive for the shooting.
Read more BC News
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
(Click for RSS instructions.)