Hoarder rescued from junk filled home
An anxious friend has helped save the life of an elderly man in Burnaby.
RCMP say the friend called to report it had been several days since the man in his 70s had been seen.
Police went to the man's suburban Vancouver home to find the doorway and halls so choked with junk that the fire department was contacted to help clear a path into the house.
Crews had to break down the door and chainsaw through the garbage to reach the victim who had been pinned for several days by a pile of debris that was almost up to the ceiling.
Police say there was no heat or electricity in the house and the senior was severely dehydrated.
He is recovering in hospital and being treated for possible circulation problems in both legs. (CKNW)
Read more BC News
- Wildfire destroys 10 homesWorld - 12:20 pm
- Tour operator condemnedBC - 8:47 am
- Firefighters fill boots w cashCentral Okanagan - 8:26 am
- Consultation for cell towers?Poll