Surrey shooting, one dead
Jan 14, 2013 / 10:51 am
The Surrey RCMP received a 911 call just before 7:00 p.m. on January 13, 2012. The call came in as shots fired in the area of 168 Street and 76 Avenue.
Surrey RCMP and BC Ambulance Service (BCAS) attended and located a male lying on the road who appeared to be suffering from gunshot wounds.
The victim was transported to hospital by BCAS and all efforts to save his life were made, however, he was pronounced deceased just after 11:30 p.m.
“This shooting is a targeted shooting on the victim who was known to police. He has been identified as 27 year old Surrey resident, Manjot Dhillion,” says Sgt. Jennifer Pound.
IHIT is asking anyone who may have information to call the IHIT tip lines by calling 1-877-551-IHIT(4448) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to remain anonymous provide your anonymous tip information on the web or by phone at 1-800-222-8477
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)