ATV accident near Sooke claims life
Jan 14, 2013 / 9:11 am
A woman has been killed in an all-terrain vehicle accident on the southwest coast of Vancouver Island.
RCMP in Sooke say the severely injured 58-year-old Otter Point resident woman was found on Friday night.
Staff Sgt. Steve Wright says friends began searching when the woman did not arrive at her home, about six kilometres west of Sooke.
He says the victim, who was wearing a helmet, was located by 9 p.m., but firefighters and paramedics could not revive her.
Police believe she lost control of her ATV and it overturned on top of her.
The woman's name has not been released and Wright says the cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Read more BC News
- Body of missing senior found
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
(Click for RSS instructions.)