Two Sunday night shootings in Surrey
Jan 14, 2013 / 7:53 am
Three men have been killed in two separate shootings in Surrey, B.C.
RCMP Insp. Dan Splinter says the first incident occurred shortly after 7 p.m. Sunday night when a man was shot numerous times in what is believed to be a gang attack.
The victim was found in an area of vacant and undeveloped lots in the east-central portion of the city and was rushed to hospital but died a short time later.
Just before midnight, officers responded to the second shooting at an apartment parkade in the northwestern area of Surrey to find two men dead.
Splinter says it's too early to tell if the second incident was gang related, or if the two shootings are linked.
He says the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team has taken over both cases.
Read more BC News
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
(Click for RSS instructions.)