Guns & bear spray used in mall heist
Jan 14, 2013 / 6:51 am
A brazen robbery at a busy downtown Vancouver mall left some shoppers literally gasping for breath.
Two people had to be treated in hospital after the robbers released a cloud of bear spray as they ran from the La Swiss Watch City Jewelry Store at around 5:15 Sunday afternoon.
Vancouver police say the two suspects had entered the high-end watch and jewelry store just minutes earlier.
One of the men held staff at gunpoint as the pair smashed display cases and filled bags with loot.
There's no word on the value of the stolen items.
The suspects are described as in their 40s, of average height and build, wearing black pants and hoodies, with the hoods up.
The store is located in the Pacific Centre Mall at 701 West Georgia Street.
Read more BC News
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
(Click for RSS instructions.)