Vancouver club district shooting
Jan 12, 2013 / 6:57 pm
Vancouver Police are investigating what they believe was a targeted shooting in the city's downtown entertainment district.
Const. Randy Fincham says a man was rushed to hospital with serious injuries just before 7 a.m.
Officers found the victim when they responded to a call of a fight in a lane just off Granville Street (and Smithe.)
Fincham says three "people of interest" are being questioned by police.
Forensic identification officers are combing the scene.
Popular bars and dance clubs line the street where the man was shot, and police often shut the strip to traffic on weekend nights for the safety of revellers.
Read more BC News
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
- Whistler sled dogs still need homes
- December CounterAttack roadchecks on
- Mounties make arrest in deadly collision
(Click for RSS instructions.)