Vancouver club district shooting
Jan 12, 2013 / 6:57 pm
Vancouver Police are investigating what they believe was a targeted shooting in the city's downtown entertainment district.
Const. Randy Fincham says a man was rushed to hospital with serious injuries just before 7 a.m.
Officers found the victim when they responded to a call of a fight in a lane just off Granville Street (and Smithe.)
Fincham says three "people of interest" are being questioned by police.
Forensic identification officers are combing the scene.
Popular bars and dance clubs line the street where the man was shot, and police often shut the strip to traffic on weekend nights for the safety of revellers.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)