Charged with voyeurism
Jan 11, 2013 / 1:31 pm
A 38-year-old Revelstoke man is facing a charge of voyeurism, after he was caught trying to capture images of people using a changing room at a community centre.
An employee of the Revelstoke Community Centre observed a man who appeared to be utilizing his cell phone to view under the change room doors, on Saturday Jan. 5.
RCMP were immediately notified and the employee detained the man until the police arrived.
The local resident was arrested by police, his cell phone seized and police also executed a search warrant at the man's house to seize his home computers. They will be sent for forensic examination.
The man has since been released on conditions which include not returning to the Community Centre and will appear in court on Feb. 6.
The City of Revelstoke is working with the Revelstoke RCMP in reviewing their security measures to ensure that the proper safety and comfort of all community centre clients is maintained.
If anyone utilizing the community centre in the past several months has observed any suspicious behaviour, they are asked to contact the Revelstoke RCMP Detachment at 250-837-5255.
Read more BC News
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
(Click for RSS instructions.)