45 to 75 cm of snow for the Coq.
Jan 8, 2013 / 9:48 am
A heavy snowfall is forecasted to fall on Hwy. 5 all the way from Hope to Merritt beginning sometime Tuesday morning. That snowfall will then increase and continue through Wednesday morning.
DriveBC is calling for accumulations of between 40-75 centimetres over the summit and travellers are advised to consider alternate plans.
As evening approaches the precipitation may change to a mix of rain and snow below 1200 metres elevation.
DriveBC is also issuing a heavy snowfall warning for Highway 97C between the Pennask Summit and the Junction with Highway 97.
Snowfall accumulations of 25cm to 40cm are expected.
Travellers are advised to excercise caution and consider alternate plans.
Compact snow and slippery sections have already been reported on 97C and 97D.
We will continue to update this story as the winter storm advances.
Read more BC News
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
- Cop involved in Surrey Six resigns
(Click for RSS instructions.)