Kamloops man killed on the Coquihalla
Jan 7, 2013 / 4:57 pm
On Sunday January at approximately 2:45 p.m. rescue workers responded to a report of a single vehicle rollover on Hwy. 5 southbound at the Falls Lake exit near Coquihalla Lakes.
RCMP say the vehicle, travelling south, lost control on icy roads, careened off the road to the right, striking the snow bank and a light standard crushing the roof. The vehicle was a red 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL7 SUV.
The 44-year-old male driver who has been identified as a Kamloops resident was trapped within the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 38-year-old female passenger identified as the drivers wife also from Kamloops was extricated by an off duty firefighter from the lower mainland and an off duty police officer along with a paramedic. She suffered non life threatening injuries as a result of the force of the collision.
"Drivers are reminded to watch their speed and closely observe road conditions at this time of year, especially when driving in the mountain passes" says Sgt Peter Thiessen of the Lower Mainland District RCMP.
Read more BC News
- Body of missing senior found
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
(Click for RSS instructions.)