BC man among victims of bus crash
Jan 5, 2013 / 12:50 pm
A man from Maple Ridge, B.C., has been identified as one of the victims of a Canadian tour-bus crash in Oregon.
Fifty-five-year-old Seokmin Moon was one of nine people killed when the bus crashed through a guard rail along Interstate 84 and plunged down an embankment.
His wife, 53-year-old Choonja Moon, was among the 38 people to survive the crash and is being treated in a Seattle-area hospital.
Oregon authorities have now released the names of all but one of the nine people killed, and say the last name will be withheld until the family confirms they've contacted the necessary next of kin.
The bus owned by Mi Joo Tour & Travel of Vancouver was returning to B.C. from Las Vegas when the accident occurred a week ago.
Police said their investigation of the crash continues.
Read more BC News
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
(Click for RSS instructions.)