Good Samaritans stop sex assault
Jan 3, 2013 / 8:08 pm
Vancouver police are looking for two Good Samaritans who helped stop a sexual assault early New Year's Day.
Police say a woman was attacked by a man after she got out of a taxi on the west side of the city about 4 a.m.
Two other men waiting at a bus stop rushed to defend the woman and the suspect ran off.
Geoff Gabriel of the Vancouver Police Sex Crimes Unit says the men should be commended for their actions because they stopped the attack before it got any further.
But he says police also want to talk to them because they might have information that could help identify the attacker, described as a white man in his 40's, six feet-four inches tall with a slender build and shaved head.
Police say the woman, a 38 year old Vancouver resident, suffered emotional distress but was not physically injured.
Read more BC News
- Body of missing senior found
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
(Click for RSS instructions.)