Good Samaritans stop sex assault
Jan 3, 2013 / 8:08 pm
Vancouver police are looking for two Good Samaritans who helped stop a sexual assault early New Year's Day.
Police say a woman was attacked by a man after she got out of a taxi on the west side of the city about 4 a.m.
Two other men waiting at a bus stop rushed to defend the woman and the suspect ran off.
Geoff Gabriel of the Vancouver Police Sex Crimes Unit says the men should be commended for their actions because they stopped the attack before it got any further.
But he says police also want to talk to them because they might have information that could help identify the attacker, described as a white man in his 40's, six feet-four inches tall with a slender build and shaved head.
Police say the woman, a 38 year old Vancouver resident, suffered emotional distress but was not physically injured.
Read more BC News
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
(Click for RSS instructions.)