Merritt baby first born in BC in 2013
Jan 1, 2013 / 5:25 pm
It's a boy!
The first BC baby born in 2013 came into the world at 12:02 a.m. at Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops.
David Jr. Ricky Joe James was born to David James and Geraldine James of Merritt.
The baby weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces.
At Penticton Regional Hospital, there were no babies born in the early hours of Jan. 1, 2013.
Information was not immediately available on babies born on Jan. 1 at Kelowna General Hospital.
Read more BC News
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
(Click for RSS instructions.)