Merritt baby first born in BC in 2013
Jan 1, 2013 / 5:25 pm
It's a boy!
The first BC baby born in 2013 came into the world at 12:02 a.m. at Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops.
David Jr. Ricky Joe James was born to David James and Geraldine James of Merritt.
The baby weighed 8 pounds, 11 ounces.
At Penticton Regional Hospital, there were no babies born in the early hours of Jan. 1, 2013.
Information was not immediately available on babies born on Jan. 1 at Kelowna General Hospital.
Read more BC News
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
(Click for RSS instructions.)