Vancouver Island fire takes life
Dec 31, 2012 / 12:31 pm
PARKSVILLE, B.C. - Mounties on Vancouver Island say one person is dead following a fire that destroyed a local home.
The fire broke out late Sunday afternoon in Nanoose, a community located north of Nanaimo, B.C.
Police say family members confirmed 85-year-old Beatrice Sharock resided alone in the residence and was in the home the night before the blaze.
They say firefighters discovered a body inside the residence this morning.
Police say there's no indication of foul play or that the fire was suspicious in nature, but officers, firefighters and the BC Coroners Service are continuing their investigation.
Read more BC News
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
(Click for RSS instructions.)