2 lost skiers rescued in Revelstoke
Dec 30, 2012 / 9:58 am
Revelstoke RCMP received an emergency call for help late Friday night from two lost skiers.
The call came in at 5:30 p.m. after the skiers had gotten lost while skiing outside the controlled boundary area of the Revelstoke Mountain Resort.
Search and Rescue technicians were immediately notified Friday evening and carried out a successful rescue of the two men early Saturday morning. The pair were located in the Montana Creek area safe and sound.
The two men, aged 29 and 30 years old, are from Europe and are vacationing in British Columbia.
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)