Fire, explosion at Surrey trailer park
Dec 29, 2012 / 1:06 pm
About 15 residents of a trailer park in Surrey, B.C., have been forced from their homes following an explosion and fire.
Police say firefighters were called to the scene in the city's north end just before 8 p.m. Friday, learning a loud explosion had occurred and two trailers had been severely damaged.
They say they soon learned that two other trailers were also damaged in the incident but nobody had been hurt.
Police say about 15 residents have been displaced because of the fire, and officials are making arrangements to relocate them temporarily.
They say the investigation is ongoing.
Read more BC News
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
(Click for RSS instructions.)