Body on beach identified
Dec 27, 2012 / 6:22 pm
The B.C. Coroners Service has identified a body found washed up on a beach in the southern Gulf Islands as an American man who was reported missing a week earlier.
A pair of beachcombers found a body washed up on Sidney Island on Dec. 19, prompting an investigation that included the RCMP and the FBI.
The coroner says the man has been identified as Brandon Lee Blanford, a 36-year-old from Bremerton, Wash.
Blanford was reported missing by family members in Hansville, Wash., on Dec. 11.
A news release from the B.C. Coroners Service says the agency is currently working with the RCMP and American authorities to investigate the man's death.
Read more BC News
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
(Click for RSS instructions.)