Body on beach identified
Dec 27, 2012 / 6:22 pm
The B.C. Coroners Service has identified a body found washed up on a beach in the southern Gulf Islands as an American man who was reported missing a week earlier.
A pair of beachcombers found a body washed up on Sidney Island on Dec. 19, prompting an investigation that included the RCMP and the FBI.
The coroner says the man has been identified as Brandon Lee Blanford, a 36-year-old from Bremerton, Wash.
Blanford was reported missing by family members in Hansville, Wash., on Dec. 11.
A news release from the B.C. Coroners Service says the agency is currently working with the RCMP and American authorities to investigate the man's death.
Read more BC News
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
(Click for RSS instructions.)