Man charged for murder in Victoria
Dec 23, 2012 / 4:00 pm
Police on Vancouver Island have arrested a man out of province wanted for a murder in summer of last year.
Victoria Police say Joshua Tyler Bredo was arrested in connection with the death of 20-year-old Daniel Jordan Levesque, who was killed in an apartment on Aug. 3, 2011.
Bredo was apprehended on Saturday in Okotoks, Alta. and is now in custody in Victoria where he is expected to make a court appearance on Monday.
The accused was initially charged with second-degree murder, but that charge was stayed in December 2011.
RCMP Const. Margo Downey, with a Vancouver Island integrated police unit, says officers continued to investigate and tracked down new information in relation to the slaying.
Crown counsel approved a first-degree murder charge for Bredo on Friday.
Read more BC News
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
(Click for RSS instructions.)