Arrest made in Chilliwack shooting
Dec 23, 2012 / 2:37 pm
RCMP have made an arrest in a non-fatal shooting of a Chilliwack, B.C., man who they believe was targeted.
Police say they arrested a 31-year-old, also from the city east of Abbotsford, without incident in a residential area on Saturday afternoon.
A 46-year-old was rushed to hospital before dawn that morning after calling police about the attack, and he remains in hospital in stable condition.
The accused is in custody until he is expected to make a first court appearance on Monday.
Cpl. Tammy Hollingsworth says it's not believed the shooting was related to any recent gang murders in B.C.'s Lower Mainland.
Sukh Dhak and Thomas Mantel were killed in a hail of bullets in the lobby of a Burnaby hotel in late November, not long after the Crown alleged Dhak was the mastermind behind a large-scale drug lab.
Read more BC News
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
(Click for RSS instructions.)