Arrest made in Chilliwack shooting
Dec 23, 2012 / 2:37 pm
RCMP have made an arrest in a non-fatal shooting of a Chilliwack, B.C., man who they believe was targeted.
Police say they arrested a 31-year-old, also from the city east of Abbotsford, without incident in a residential area on Saturday afternoon.
A 46-year-old was rushed to hospital before dawn that morning after calling police about the attack, and he remains in hospital in stable condition.
The accused is in custody until he is expected to make a first court appearance on Monday.
Cpl. Tammy Hollingsworth says it's not believed the shooting was related to any recent gang murders in B.C.'s Lower Mainland.
Sukh Dhak and Thomas Mantel were killed in a hail of bullets in the lobby of a Burnaby hotel in late November, not long after the Crown alleged Dhak was the mastermind behind a large-scale drug lab.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)